To assist us in managing infection risk we are now assessing some patients by telephone consultation, and we are offering the option of telephone appointments to all of our patients.
There are temporary Medicare item numbers, which will allow us to bulk bill certain telephone consults. Please read the following information carefully.
Telephone consults can be bulk billed when:
- You have been diagnosed with COVID19 and you are isolating at home.
- You have received medical advice (from us or another health service) to isolate yourself at home because in the past 14 days you have returned from overseas, or you have been in close contact with someone with COVID19.
- You have been seen at Stirling Central Health Clinic in the last twelve months and you are at increased risk because:
- You are 70 years or over.
- You are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and 50 and over.
- You are pregnant.
- You are a parent of a child under 12 months.
- You are being treated for a chronic condition or are immune compromised.
A private fee of $60 (no Medicare rebate) will apply for telephone consults for patients who do not fit the Medicare criteria: